Corbin seats

Dave Daniels dwaynedaniels at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 22 17:56:45 PDT 2009

I've had 4 Corbin seats. I didn't purchase any of them new, so I can't comment about forming to my particular butt shape, as they may have already been conformed to somebody else's rear. But, I can honestly say, in spite of the better riding position they provide, they most definitely ARE hard as a friggin' brick. I've ridden the one I currently have for considerably more than 2000 miles and it ain't gettin' no better. I just recently took it on a ride from Dayton, OH to Channahon, Ill ('bout a 300 mile trip one way) and by the end of the trip (each way), my rump was roasted. I'll never buy another one. I bought the last one (or rather was given the last one by a very kind lister named Jerry) out of desperation right before a road trip because the thought of using the stocker was making me lose sleep. Yeah, for me it's better than the stock seat, but it's just waaaaay too hard. And I don't care what the sales rep says, it's not getting any better. So, my
 advice to you is that if you're currently unhappy with it, you're probably not gonna get any happier, so you should probably get rid of it and either send your stocker to Sargent and have a custom seat made for you, or get a Russell Day-Long seat. Russells are supposed to be the most comfy seats out there, as long as you can get past the not-so-good looks of it. Good luck.

Dave D.