Issues! HELP!

Paul Heim SuprHtr at columbus.rr.com
Sat May 23 19:45:56 PDT 2009

The sprocket hub has one bearing.  The wheel has two.  A spacer goes between
the sprocket hub bearing and the left-hand wheel bearing.  It can and often
will fall out when you separate the sprocket hub from the wheel to access
the drive cushions.  If you leave it out when reassembling, you'll see extra
exposed thread outboard of the axle nut and it will be difficult to get
enough torque on the nut.  I did this once.  I thought it was odd that it
was taking so long to tighten and then saw the spacer on the floor... DOH!