Engine question

Dave Daniels dwaynedaniels at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 29 05:43:20 PDT 2009

If your bike was in neutral, it shouldn't matter whether the clutch was stuck or not. The clutch only allows the tranny to freespin if it is in gear. If it's in neutral, it freespins whether the clutch is engaged or not. The clutch acts sort of like an in-line torque release between the engine and the tranny. But it the tranny is in neutral, the torque is already released between the engine and the rear wheel. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is correct.