VFR1200

Charles Scappaticci scapco at ecentral.com
Sun Nov 1 14:38:05 PST 2009

My .02.  It's ugly and I think they missed the mark.  My personal
dislike of Honda Motor Corporation aside, I have to agree what were they
thinking?  The mags keep comparing it to the BMW and Concours 14.  I
think  it is because the real comparison is with the ZX-14, Hayabusa,
and BMW K1300S, all of which will out handle it and will leave it in the
dust based on the horsepower ratings I've seen so far.  Comparing it to
the Concours, BMW RT and Yamaha FJ is a joke as they are far more
competent and complete long distance tourers.  Maybe if they use this as
a basis to replace the ST1300, but I see it as somewhat of a square peg
in a round hole.

The dual clutch does sound interesting, but OTOH, I ride for the
experience, man and machine against the roads, weather, etc...  Why do I
want to sterilize the experience with automatic transmissions, automatic
clutches, etc..?  Again, my .02 and probably worth .01.

Charles S.