2nd last ride of the year

keelhauld keelhauld at optonline.net
Mon Nov 9 12:00:18 PST 2009

I love seeing what folks are doing to the V-Rod. I'd like to see the end
result when he finishes.

The GPz is faster, but the VROD holds it's own and is an easier bike to
ride. My GPz dyno'd at 113.5 stock and went to 126.6 after a few upgrades so
it has been a while since I rode a stock GPz. From 5k on the VRod is an
absolute beast. The thing with the V-Rod is it does accelerate quickly and
the redline is only 9k so it takes some time and (a quick hand) to keep from
banging the rev limiter. I love the GPz, but the V-Rod was a nice move for
me.

I'm hoping to have the V-Rod dyno'd over the winter, we'll see what she does
if I can get it done.