Veterans Day

Jonathon annihilator1100 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 11 10:56:29 PST 2009

You're welcome.
Not directed to anyone here at all, just a sinister side note.
I wish more Americans shared these sentiments, and not as just a
convenience. Seems like all is well when the dirty work is being done, and
service fades into obscurity when it comes time to walk the walk.
Got laid off 18 months ago, my phone has rang exactly 5 times for an
interview since. Unemployment runs out a week after Christmas. So our thank
a vet day means losing our home and car and not having a place to live.
No welfare, because the wife makes too much. Not enough to live off, though.
No food stamps, no other programs. Yet they continue to tax the hell out of
us so the illegal Mexicans literally across the street a few homes down from
us can churn out 5 children, own a new Escalade with 22" rims, and a nice
lowered Honda.
Doesn't make sense.
Forgive the rant, just getting real bitter here, especially after serving 10
years of the best years of my life. ...the thanks we get...

Again, not directed at anyone here, a dry comment on the sad state of
affairs in the US. Thanks for being here for me to air my rant.

"I was burdened greatly by the deaths of those around me. But incorporating
their suffering into our own lives does not change the way of the world."
General John Bell Hood; Commander of the Texas Brigade, 4th Texas Calvary,
5th Texas Calvary, 17th Texas Infantry