cold start problem

Stephen hampson shampson at
Tue Oct 13 14:22:06 PDT 2009

Mines always been like that on cold days. Always need the choke for couple
of minutes to idle properly even in the summer. Carbs have cleaned and
balanced twice in 12k miles.

-----Original Message-----
From: gpzlist-bounces at [mailto:gpzlist-bounces at] On
Behalf Of Kevin Hollis
Sent: 13 October 2009 21:10
To: gpzlist at
Subject: cold start problem

The bike has always taken a minute or so to warm up on choke before I can
use the throttle, without it dying.
This morning was probably 3 degrees above freezing (first cold morning this
year) and the bike really struggled to get warm. I had to restart it three
or four times before it would stay alive long enough to get warm.

Any thoughts? I'm worried that if it gets any colder I wont get it to start
at all.