cold start problem

Stephen hampson shampson at
Tue Oct 13 14:23:57 PDT 2009

Forgot to add that its starts fine but in really cold weather you need to
make sure the choke is fully on and a couple twists of the throttle before

-----Original Message-----
From: gpzlist-bounces at [mailto:gpzlist-bounces at] On
Behalf Of Kevin Hollis
Sent: 13 October 2009 21:10
To: gpzlist at
Subject: cold start problem

The bike has always taken a minute or so to warm up on choke before I can
use the throttle, without it dying.
This morning was probably 3 degrees above freezing (first cold morning this
year) and the bike really struggled to get warm. I had to restart it three
or four times before it would stay alive long enough to get warm.

Any thoughts? I'm worried that if it gets any colder I wont get it to start
at all.