list settings

Jerry Clair darkclarity2k at
Wed Oct 28 00:36:09 PDT 2009

I like the idea of returning to the list. I know I've had to resend to the list After I've sent is to the originator.
2 cents

From: William K Denton <wkdenton at>
To: GPz List <gpzlist at>
Sent: Wed, October 28, 2009 2:17:29 AM
Subject: list settings

I know that this has come up before, but I wonder how much more active the list would be if the default setting was set to go back to gpzlist at when hitting "reply", as opposed to back to sender only, which is the way it's set up now.  I have a feeling that a significant percentage of replies on "gpzlist" are going solely back to sender because of this, which is a string killer.  I think one of the pleasures of being on a list like this is to be able to see everyone's replies to a string, not just the ones that come from folks who remember to hit "reply all" and then trim the sender's addy from the list of recipients to avoid duplicate messaging.  Bit of a pain.

I've been listowner of yam650 at for 11 years now, and this is the way we have it set up over there [reply = back to list] with great success. Just a suggestion to perhaps revitalize a list that's seen a steady decline in postings over the years.  Thanks for listening.

Bill in Yardley, PA
wkdenton at
PAMSP RiderCoach