Exhaust Fitment ?

Charles Scappaticci scapco at ecentral.com
Thu Apr 1 13:07:53 PDT 2010

Hey John,

My Muzzy is a left side exit and It's okay.  It is actually a
straighter more efficient design than the 90 degree angles with a
right side exhaust.  It does make oiling the chain a bit harder, but
it's not terrible.

One thing I really like about it is how it treats the centerstand.  On
a right side exhaust you have to install a bracket to the centerstand
mounts so the centerstand works right.  With this left side you don't.
 And, take a look at the left side of your bike and imagine the
centerstand without the pipe there, it's pretty ugly and hangs out in
the breeze.  The Muzzy follows the contour and angle of the stock
exhaust (good for hard bags) and the centerstand looks normal than
way.  I'm not unhappy with my Muzzy, it's got more torque than the V&H
and more top end than the Micron.  The V&H had great top end and about
stock torque.  The Micron had great torque, but signed off sooner than
the V&H.  The Muzzy is in the middle, better torque and almost as much
top end.

One last thing, the V&H won't work with any hard bags except on a Givi
Wing rack.  The Micron is tight, but it works.  The Muzzy works the
best of all three.

Hope that helps a little.

Charles S.