lowering links or lowering a GPZ

Randy noneofyourbusiness tuner_delorean at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 6 20:02:00 PDT 2010

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I put lots of miles on those old Kaws, & honda 750s back in the old days.

for a good laugh, I still have my 1973 Nova, that was my first muscle type car, but it has sat since I parked it in 1993, I drove it to college from Martinsville VA to Danville VA for college for 7 years, from 1986 to 1993, I have several old muscle cars from my youth.  I been thinking of yanking the engine from the Nova, & refreshing the motor when money allows & putting that into my Toyota truck. it is a 307 with 350,350 cam holley aluminum intake, & holley economaster carb, it got 24mpg hiway cruising with 2.73:1 gears. I always griped about the toyotas lack of oomph when hauling with that underpowered 4 cylinder.

as for snow, whew, worst snow I ever had around here. it lasted for 3 months, it looks like it went from winter to summer. we are having 90+ degree days. great riding weather.

as for having room for a tire changer, I have mine on my covered front porch. wish I had a building, but unfortunately I dont have a garage either, but I just tarp the bike at night. & the ZX11 is double tarped with the good quality silver tarps.

as for my choices in the ZX11, when they were new I wanted one so bad I could taste it, but I cheaped out, local dealers had color I wanted but $800 more money, plus tax, while an out of town dealer had green only, but was $9,995 out the door, tax included, I watched from afar, but never owned, most of the time I was jammin gears on the old shovelheads I had.

I am actually taking Harley restoration class that cover 1936 to 1999 Harleys at a college in North Carolina, which is 105 miles away, I am on spring break & go back next week. hopefully I will have the Isuzu back on road, & will be able to drive that until I get the bike lowered, wife attends class too, & dont want to try to double her on the GPZ until its lowered. I have a decent background in old Harleys anyway, I worked part time at an independent shop for over a dozen years wrenching on old scoots,

Harleys are just too expensive to maintain when you pile lots of miles fast! plus plenty of breakdowns. I lived that life, & now that I am more settled want an easier riding bike for long distance, & something easier to keep going.

from the exhaust reading I guess my Muzzy is one of the louder ones? which to me is great!!!!!!!!!!! I am one that says, loud pipes save lives!!!!!!  my old Harleys ran without mufflers, but I wore ear plugs on trips. today I would have to midasize it if I was still riding that old beast. but have it loud enough to be noticed, but the muzzy has a good note & its loud enough to be heard so people maybe will hear you if they dont see you???????????? HOPEFULLY???

Later,
Randy