lowering links or lowering a GPZ

Randy noneofyourbusiness tuner_delorean at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 6 20:15:34 PDT 2010

I had new tire mounted to the front of the GPZ before I got my changer, & tire & mounting was $110, I still say ouch!. if I wanted to pop in to Harley shop I used to work at 45 miles away I could use the changer & balancer for free, but I would get ribbed for having a Kawa.

2 coats 220 tire changers came up on my local craigslist within 30 days, 1 was $400 & it sold in 2 days, the other was for $150 & included accessories & was snatched up hours after it was posted, especially since it was 10 miles from my job! lol I have the tall grippers, for changing tires with wide pulleys or offsetts, plus the stock grippers, plus he included the gel bead sealer, but on stubborn tires I was always bad for just using gasoline.

about 3 lid fulls from a soda bottle of gas dribbled around the bead, use a 8 or so foot stick with a lit match attached to end of stick, & touch the gas & pop! the tire is seated then hook air to the the valve stem & inflate to proper pressure... I have done hundreds of tires... safe.... not really.......... but works like a charm & is easy compared to seeing some people fight to seat a stubborn tire. some ties can work you to death, why waste 1/2 an hour or more? humph! if wont seat nearly instantly I go for gas. lol

truckers have a 3 inch valve quick on connectors with a upside down funnel, inflate 8 gallon tank & insert the funnel & hit the valve & pop it inflates tire quickly by dumping lots of air fast. safer by far.....

Later,
Randy