First ride on the FJR... plus I got a new bike too!

Dave King oldfr8dog at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 18 17:37:04 PDT 2010

Congrats on the new ride.  The FJR is a sweet bike.  I also got a new (to me) bike but I'm going in a different direction.  Yesterday I bought a cruiser.  It's an '04 Suzuki Intruder 1500.  The thing is huge but a lot of fun.  I haven't gotten to ride it much yet though.  I trailered it home and took it to go out to dinner but had to leave this morning on a two week trip that will take me around the world, that is if the volcano in Iceland will cooperate.  Right now I'm sitting in an airport hotel in ATL just hanging out.

If anybody's interested in buying the GPz let me know.  It's the more desireable black '96.  It's equipped with Gen-Mar bar risers, two seats, the Corbin with the back rest and the factory OEM seat, Dual Star grip heaters (wired on a HI/OFF/LO three position toggle switch, smoke-grey Zero Gravity ST windscreen plus the factory clear one, factory OEM hard side bags and a Ventura rack and bag.  The bike's got about 21,300 miles on it and runs perfect.  It's got a couple of chips in the paint on the grab handle and a small area at the base of the cylinder head on the right side where the paint's come off.  This spot really is very small.  The tires are pretty new, about 1,000 miles on the front and 450 on the rear.

I'd like to get $3,000 for it.  If you know anybody that you think would like it give them my email address and I'll send pictures.

Dave King, '96 GPz, Black is Beautiful...also 2004 Suzuki Intruder 1500 (also black)