Oil leak from foot gear shifter?

Charles Scappaticci scapco at ecentral.com
Mon Apr 19 08:26:57 PDT 2010

One note.  Many moons ago when I went to AMI, the professors there
taught us that leaky seals can sometimes be saved by removing the
spring on the back of the seal and exchanging it for an o-ring, one
size fatter and one size smaller.  Obviously one must be careful when
doing this and where they do it.

The same thing can be done on a new seal, especially if like Dennis's
seal it continues to happen over and over.  I figure it's worth a try
if the problem persists.  YMMV, and It does not always work.

One other thought, has anyone checked to see if the last year of ZX-11
(or the ZZR-1200) used the same seal or if possibly Kawasaki had
upgraded it?

Charles S.