Update on Header and Jetting

John Soliday johnsoliday at msn.com
Tue Apr 20 07:18:10 PDT 2010

Mike,

I have an adjustable Muzzy advancer and have it at +8 degrees (never pings
even on 85 octane), have considered slotting it further just for grins but
not yet.  When I was going through the jetting exercise yesterday, I cranked
it back to +4 and the bike ran much worse, so timing obviously effects a
marginal air/fuel mixture for sure and more advance seems to work better
with a leaner mixture up here.  Once I put it back to +8 and raised the
needles one more (richer) clip is where I settled on the setup.

I thought your tach never worked with the V&H box, I thought it didn't
support that function in the GPZ.  Yes, even though your carbs are "purty"
it takes a deft touch on non-CV carbs.

Cheers,

John