Block Off Plates

John Soliday johnsoliday at msn.com
Thu Apr 29 07:30:50 PDT 2010

Has anybody taken out the air injection reeds on the GPZ?  I got some block
off plates (yeah I know I could have plugged the stockers) and they fit
flush to the valve cover.  The reed plates have a few little pins sticking
up so the flat block off plates won't fit unless I take out the air
injection guts.  I tried to yank out the reed plates but they seem pretty
stuck into the valve cover.  Do they eventually pull out if you beat on
them?  I don't want to damage the valve cover and it seem like they would
come out easier if pushed out from the inside vs. pulling from the top.

Thanks,

John (last piece of CA pollution junk coming off)