Hello, Is anyone home? ride with the Paris cops

Marilyn Mason masonjs at nrtco.net
Wed Aug 18 05:46:00 PDT 2010

I just got an email from my sister Lesley who is vacationing in Europe.
She had her purse (with ID, Passport and some $) stolen in the Paris subway.
She went to the police and turned in a report.  By the time she was done
with the police report the subway had stopped running and the police offered
her a ride back to her hotel.
She got in a car with three undercover cops who she said looked like high
school seniors.  They crossed the city without stopping.  It was are on the
gas, on the horn, on the lights and on the siren.  She didn't think she took
a breath the entire trip.
She also figured Euro Disney could pull itself out of the hole by selling
rides with these guys.

Maybe there are some people wilder behind the wheel than mad dog Buehrle,
but I haven't forgotten my 100 mph ride down University Avenue in Denver
June of '03.