Annual pledge drive, final notice

H Marc Lewis marcl at micapeak.com
Fri Feb 5 06:44:12 PST 2010

This is the FINAL solicitation for donations to the upkeep of
micapeak.com for calendar year 2010.  I won't bug you again until 2011.
(micapeak powers this mailing list, assorted Web sites & other services).

Donations (in US dollars) can be made in two ways.
The LESS-desirable method is to send your check to:

    H M Lewis (micapeak.com)
    PO Box 14755
    Spokane, WA 99214
    USA

The PREFERRED WAY is to use PayPal (http://www.paypal.com)
to make your donation directly to: marcl at micapeak.com

That's the request.  Now, if you're still with me, I'll be a little bit
more verbose, and tell you why Carl and I would very much appreciate your
donations.

We had excellent service from the Web hosting service we started using in
2008, and expect to continue our hosting there for the foreseeable future.
It's nice that they are physically less than 10 miles from our homes, though
in fact we didn't need to visit their site once in 2009.  Their prices are
higher than we've paid elsewhere (this is our 5th different hosting shop in
15 years), but the service seems to justify the cost.

Both Carl and I had setbacks in the economic downturn, as did most of you,
I would assume.  Nevertheless, my promise to keep micapeak.com et all
running no matter what still stands -- but we can sure use a little help.

Fortunately, Carl and I know that some of the folks for whom this mailing
list is an important part of daily life would like to show their
appreciation with a modest donation.  We encourage you to think about how
much time you spend each day following this list, or using micapeak's other
resources. If it seems worthwhile to you, then please consider donating
something.

Carl and I will continue to operate the mailing lists, micapeak.com and
other Websites for the foreseeable future (we even have sections in our
wills to make sure the online stuff survives us).  There is no obligation
for you to donate anything, and you'll continue to get the email and
Webpages we serve for free.  But we'd appreciate it if you'd help out...

Thanks in advance!

--hmarc

SPECIAL NOTE:

Let's not make this a topic of discussion on the mailing list, OK?
Donate or don't, as it suits you, but we have neither the time nor
the energy to discuss the subject further than what you see above.
And we're sure your fellow subscribers would rather not have the list
itself cluttered with more than this notice on the subject.
Thanks!

Have a great year of motorcycling, and ride safe!