Old member back with an almost running bike

Steve Northrop blackgpz at rochester.rr.com
Sat Jan 9 10:46:37 PST 2010

Pete, if you're really interested in keeping the Geeper, I would look for a
good ZX11 bottom end w/tranny and bolt on the GPZ cylinder head. I think
this is the cheapest, most expeditious route. Look for an engine from the D
model ('94 and up). Finding another complete GPZ motor is unlikely. If the
one that crashed it let it run while it was on it's side, that's what caused
the bearing failure from oil starvation.

Steve in Western NY
'96 GPZ1100
'08 KLR 650
'08 Tuono Factory