Need info on buying a bike for my 19 y.o. son preferrably 250 cc less than $1, 000.00

mrgilmore at aol.com mrgilmore at aol.com
Tue Jun 15 09:26:50 PDT 2010

Thanks Jerry and Guys,

We're closing in on getting a '91 GFS 400 Suzuki.  I like the trellis frame and from what I've read, its another standard UJB (Ubiquitous Japanese Bike aka "Anvil")  that is more like the Energizer Bunny, going and going an going.  I had a '78 GS 750 that I really, really abused and it just started every time and ran like crazy.  Great bike.  Same DNA IMHO, and we're pre-disposed to getting it sight unseen.  'Course, we are about to depart to go look at it and listen to the engine etc.  I cannot make the purchase until I receive a replacement clutch cable from Bike Bandit and change it out so I can operate the clutch and actully ride it.  No other way I'm buying it...

Thanks again.
Ron Jordan
Altadena, CA