[Bulk] A trip through Kawartha Lakes cottage country and back throughMuskoka cottage country -- long

art.robinson art.robinson at rogers.com
Mon Jun 28 05:39:36 PDT 2010

Hi Mr. Jim:

I was in the same area lastt Monday. Too bad we didn't connect or maybe
it was a good thing in a literal sense. I lunched at Bancroft Subway
which is only a few hundred yards from McDonald's.

I haven't checked out #570, but you were in the region of #507
(transposition error?) which is a sublime set of twisties. The North end
is at Gooderham. (you have to be a bit careful as it is heavily
policed). Also (as a continuation at the North end is County Road #3
which starts one km or so south of Gooderham and ends up just shy of of
the east side Haliburton Village on #118.

If you haven't ridden theses roads, do so at the next opportunity; you
will not be disappointed!

I've been spending my weekend at a small town called Bonfield near North
Bay, helping to renovate an old house for my brother and sister-in-law.
It's getting in the way of my riding, but is a bit of fun in it's own
way. Everyone speaks French, so I can fool myself that I'm on
vacation...except for all the aches and pains. Getting old really
sucks!!

Art