Bag Brackets

Steve Northrop blackgpz at rochester.rr.com
Wed Jun 30 13:59:13 PDT 2010

Before you guys get too far ahead of yourselves, do you have the rear
turnsignal relocation bracket? If not, the original mounts won't work. I
went through all this a year ago. If you try and raise the bag to clear the
pipe, the cutout on the back of the bag for the turnsignal doesn't line up
anymore. Making an entirely different bracket might work but don't try and
copy the OEM bracket, it will NOT work with a V&H pipe. I looked around for
a long time for a 5 Star rear rack so I could mount some Givi's but never
found one. I also took the mid-pipe to 3 different muffler shops to see if
they would put a little more "bend" in it to lower the can. Nobody would
touch it for various reasons (were afraid of crushing/cracking it mostly).
My only solution was a new exhaust (Micron) that would allow the OEM bag
set-up to fit.
Good luck.

Steve in Western NY
'96 GPZ1100