Shims

Alan Nicholls metrogtiguy at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 22:17:02 PDT 2010

Yep, the shims do go above the clip.  They take up the space between the
plastic bridge thing and the needle.  The stock needles have thick heads on
them to take up that space.  If you have shims, they are definitely
dynojet.  Stock needles are one piece, and not adjustable.  With my kit, I
had to put 2 shims above the needle on all of the carbs.  Make sure you have
all 8 in there :)