Might be looking to sell

mrgilmore at aol.com mrgilmore at aol.com
Mon Mar 22 09:11:52 PDT 2010

Charles, Dave and all you guys,

I'm with you Charles...  keep it.  If you have the garage or other location to store it, that will probably make you very happy if/when you elect to get it out one day and re-experience why you rode (ride) in the first place.  Like you (Charles) I'm older than Dave I presume.  At 57, I figure I've also seen better days and getting out and riding when the opportunity presents itself is a really good thing for me.  Of course, living in S. CA gives me virtually year-round riding, but the principle remains the same.  I took a week-long run up and around CA last Oct., just me, tent/gear, some e-books, etc. and that was really great for my spirits.  These days, I don't go for the type of full morning or all-day rides like I used to, for a few reasons.  Mostly keeping the women happy, and also I'm pre-occupied with this home remodel presently going on.  I do intend to crank 'ol red' up for a brief ride today, but that'll probably be it for  a little while...  I can't afford a new bike, and I'm really glad I chose the Geeper when I bought it new in '95.  Been the best all around bike for me.  No complaints, period.  A little porky, but WTF?  That heft is reassuring when I crank up the RPMs if you know what I mean...
So Dave, unless its a financial thing or the woman is handing you a difficult ultimatum, I say keep it and leave it in hiberation mode for your use when you want it.  I guarantee you'll miss it when the day rolls around and that feeling says "ride"...

Just my two cents...
Ron Jordan
lurking in Altadena, CA