GPZList Digest, Vol 40, Issue 28

schnowz schnowz at
Tue Mar 30 04:32:54 PDT 2010

Hmm... It kinda always does (the wifey has complained about it before).
thinking (initial diagnostics) are to reset the idle screws a bit
 leaner (2
turns?). I've avoided messing wiht the carbs because
they're such a
difficulty getting in and out, but I may just have to
'suck it up princess'
(as a couple buddies have been know to say),
and just do it, damn the

I'd check the float height with a clear tube on the carb drain before making any adjustments.
 Also as others have pointed out the battery can do that if the plates short out with buckling from heat - but if IRC it doesn't crank either.
  If all else fails clean the carbs..

    Pete S

"Maybe I'll see if I can
dig up a right angle screwdriver and really do it
the easy way...

 Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 11:49 AM, John Soliday <johnsoliday at>

> ...that's a good theory.  Does the bike smell like
unburnt fuel once it