[Bulk] jim & the blustery day

Arthur Robinson art.robinson at rogers.com
Wed Nov 17 09:40:40 PST 2010

Hi Mr. Jim:

The List is complete: Good to have you back!!

Your misfortune may just have saved you daughter and it certainly proves
the value of wearing the right gear.

Last week I had to go and see my Dermatologist. I wanted to go on the
bike, but I was a bit late and ended up caging it there.

In the parking lot, I managed to trip over a raised piece of asphalt and
ended up tottering forward, just a bit off balance and gaining quite a
bit of momentum over about 30 feet distance, before crashing onto the
deck, using my hands and knees for braking.

I was bloodied and mad, my hands were like hamburger and the knee was
gone from my jeans, which had protected me a little.

My first (and predictable response) was F#*K and the second was, "This
is why we wear gear when we are riding".

If I'd taken the bike I would have been fine... kind of a reverse
situation from Mr. Jim.

Art in TO