winter storage and rodent control

Marilyn Mason masonjs at nrtco.net
Thu Sep 2 11:04:28 PDT 2010

My wife bought it at Wal-Mart (sorry).  Bats aren't rodents so this
particular unit is designed for rodents and doesn't effect dogs, cats etc.
I imagine someone must make a unit that would work on bats.  Even if its
just one that will screw up their radar system.  I like bats (not in my
house) because they eat their weight every day in bugs.
Two nights ago I was swimming/washing in the Ottawa River just after dark
and was entertained by the aerial antics of several that were feeding
voraciously on what ever bugs were hatching.
You might want to not go to Constant Bay or Britannia beach in Ottawa Mike
as the slick should reach there today.
I was thinking of the inverter system Art.  Just didn't like the idea of
having to carry my marine battery the 200 meters down the cottage driveway
in 2 meters of snow and then carry the other back to the truck to take it
home to recharge it.