Sticking clutch on 96 GPZ 1100

art.robinson art.robinson at
Wed Apr 20 07:47:45 PDT 2011

What oil are you using? I found that the clutch separates much easier
when I switched to synthetic, even in cold weather.

-----Original Message-----
From: gpzlist-bounces at [mailto:gpzlist-bounces at]
On Behalf Of Les Johnson
Sent: 19 April 2011 23:23
To: Art Robinson
Subject: Sticking clutch on 96 GPZ 1100

   I have noticed since I purchased this bike a annoying problem. I
have owned it for several years and the problems seems to be getting

   When the bikes sits for a few days when I shit from neutral to
first it jumps forward and dies. Of course I have the clutch lever
pulled in.  I might have to do this 2 or 3 times till the clutch works
correctly .Seems I have heard of the clutch plates sticking on other
bikes from time to time but can"t remember what the cause or the cure

   Anybody with info on this subject would be a great help. I
wondering if I am going to have to replace the clutch plates to cure
the problem.

   Thanks   Les J

You are subscribed at the email address ART.ROBINSON at