Sticking clutch on 96 GPZ 1100

Les Johnson jjohnsonlta at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 20:09:36 PDT 2011

       If I ride it everyday it does it some days and not on others. I
ran synthetic oil once but there was no difference. I usually run the
made for motorcycle 10W-40. I have also noticed the sight window looks
like its got some gunk on it. Been told to drain oil and fill with
diesel fuel and let soak a day or two before draining and refilling
with oil. Not sure I want to try that. Was also told today that the
problem is caused by running dirty oil and once the plates get
contaminated and stick you pretty much have to change them to solve
problem. I bought the bike used so not sure on history of maintance as
far as oil changes.

    Les J