Bike's back & a question about other handlebar risers

Randy noneofyourbusiness tuner_delorean at yahoo.com
Wed May 4 05:55:33 PDT 2011

have you tried to run it with the choke on? in my past experiences, if have siumiliar experience, I try the choke, if runs, then it isnt getting the gas, something may be clogged either the petcock, internal tank filter if it has one? I have even seen  gas line shave a flake inside & partially restrict the flow.

my old KZ1000 I used to own, I even had gas line flake & get under the needle, had rust get in, & bad gasoline. I rebuild those KZ carbs too many times, several times a year due to "trash" & it had 2 filters.

next if it falls on its face, & gas is getting there I would look at the accelerator pump & passages.

one other thing I have seen is vibration, causing electrical problem & makes you think its fuel. like a wire grounding that shouldnt. or coil breaking up. its happened to me on a Harley before.

anyway thats a few things off the top of my head.

I am still a newbie here to the GPZ only owned mine a little over 1 year, & aprox 8,000 miles with most of the miles just back & forth to work. & no trips over 75 miles from the house yet.

I need to do something to raise my handle bars more, I bought a set of GEN MARs from a lister here, but I want to raise them a little more, plus want to widen them some. I think it was said ZZR bars? when I ride in high winds, it wears my arms out fast, I need more leverage that wider bars will provide. instead of these factory narrow style bars, I get in high winds everytime I go to top of mountain near the Blue Ridge Parkway which is only 20 miles from my house. I also want to sit a little more straight up, I do have short arms.

if anyone has the parts to convert to normal style handlebars, & wide bars feel free to let me know please. I really am interested in doing this asap.

so far this year I have put close to 3,000 miles on my GPZ, hoping to put 10,000 to 15,000 miles before December. I had cash flow problems last year, & I didnt ride as much as I wanted to due it a few things wrong. right now I am 31,XXX miles we will see.

Thanks,
Randy