shifter seal

Randolph Peters arpee44 at
Mon Apr 9 09:52:45 PDT 2012

BTW and I don't want to start another oil thread.
But I've seen that Mobil 1  makes a 20w50 "Motorcycle Oil" synthetic.
So does Castrol.
I 've always used Castrol synthetic 10w40 (heaviest I could find) for the summer months when most of my riding is done for the year.
In Texas and Louisiana where I ride most  temperatures hover around 90 -100F most of the summer.
Now suddenly  you cannot find anything but 5w30, 0w30, 5w40 (hardly) on my local Autozone, O'Reilly, etc. shelves.
Hence my interest in the "Motorcycle Oils"
Question: anybody uses them?
Are they worth the extra expense?
Thanks again.
Randy from New Orleans

From: Randolph Peters <arpee44 at>
To: Randy Peters <ARPEE44 at>
Sent: Monday, April 9, 2012 11:16 AM
Subject: shifter seal

Hi Guys,
I just got in a replacement seal for my weeping shifter seal and I intend to replace it when doing an oil change today or tomorrow.
I would therefore be grateful for any tips/techniques for removing the old one.
Randy from New Orleans,
Current ZZR 1200/

You are subscribed at the email address ARPEE44 at