shifter seal

Charles Scappaticci scapco at ecentral.com
Mon Apr 9 12:17:30 PDT 2012

John,

Here's one thing you can try.  Many, many years ago, (okay, I'm dating
myself here), when I went to AMI, one of the instructors suggested a
fix for a leaky seal like yours.  He suggested using a "slightly
smaller, slightly fatter" "O"-ring in place of the spring inside the
seal.  Obviously, you can over do this weith one that is too small or
too tight, but it does work.  Remember  this was back in the days of
real Swedish Husqvarna's which would start leaking 15 minutes after
you bought the bike so it was used a lot.  I ahve done this many times
and it works. YMMV.

Charles S.