John Soliday johnsoliday at
Tue Aug 7 19:19:36 PDT 2012

Yeah, up to a point I've always erred on the side of a bit loose vs. too
tight and it's worked out well over the years.  Now I have this belt drive
Vrod and I can't seem to figure out how to adjust it (and I'm NOT going to
buy the expensive Harley Davidson "tool").  A mechanic friend of mine told
me if you can barely twist the belt 90 degrees, on the bottom, between the
engine and wheel, then it's AOK.  Anybody else here of this rule-of-thumb
for belt drives?  So far so good at least....

-----Original Message-----
From: gpzlist-bounces at [mailto:gpzlist-bounces at] On
Behalf Of schnowz
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2012 5:31 PM
To: John Soliday
Subject: Re: chain

"A loose chain is a happy chain ;-)"

and happy bearings
You subscribed to this mailing list. Therefore, you solicited all mail that
you receive from this list. Therefore, ANY mail that you receive from this
list is, by definition, NOT Spam, and if you report it as such, you are
violating the terms of service.

You are subscribed at the email address JOHNSOLIDAY at