Western Canadian Rain Festival - A LONG Trip Report

Drew Blanchard drewblanchard at gmavt.net
Wed Jul 4 07:34:56 PDT 2012

Charles:

Thank you for the excellent story!  Taking the GPZ to Alaska has been on my
bucket list for a long, long time.  Getting there from the northeast just
adds to the challenge, but *someday* ….

The longest ride I've had so far this year pales in comparison.  My wife
and I both rode in the Ruff Ride a week ago - a fund raiser for the local
Human Society (she and I raised just under $1k) - then continued after the
official end of that event for a 350 mile day.  Made me realize I need to
send my stock saddle down to the folks at Sargent Cycle sooner rather than
later.

Ordered new tires at the end of that day, too.  The folks at Ducati
Vermont/Cyclewise are just a few miles down the road from us, and I've
learned they're truly excellent and knowledgeable people.  I went with
their   tire recommendation.

Which brings up 2 questions for you:  what saddle do you use, and which
Dunlops (original Roadsmart or Roadsmart IIs) did you have?  Cyclewise
strongly recommended the Dunlops for me, too, but now I don't remember if
they're the original Roadsmarts or the newer version (tires haven't come in
yet).  I worry that I've now heard 2 people say the Roadsmarts are crap.

DrewinVT