Odometer repair

Steven Bixby steven at bixbys.net
Thu Jun 21 17:15:46 PDT 2012

I've actually dug around a Kawasaki speedo/odo/tripmeter unit a couple of
times.  The tripmeter is what was nonfunctional, not the odometer.

What I found is that the odometer was a semi-sealed unit that appeared it
would just spit out springs and gears if I got anywhere close to opening it
up.  I think they make it somewhat difficult to access for sake of avoiding
mileage fraud.

The trip meter was a bit easier, of course, and in the end it decided to
start working on it's own.  I figured it just needed a little dust or lint
blown out to fix it.