Hot starting issue

schnowz schnowz at att.net
Mon Mar 26 15:50:27 PDT 2012

Not sure which relay you're refering too, but it's true the igniter needs a good voltage. The Geeper looses some voltage thru the ign sw and connectors. Bad connections are always worse when hot.

Pete S

Forgot about this issue.  If I remember correctly a relay will not operate
causing the bike not to start if the voltage while cranking drops below a
minimum.  I also think I remember the minimum seemed rather high, something
like 11 volts while cranking.

Not sure if this helps Don but you can add this to the list of things to
know about GPZs and other Kaw of the mid 1990s.

Steve