Took the plunge

Drew Blanchard drewblanchard at gmavt.net
Tue Oct 9 08:09:47 PDT 2012

I'm curious about the bend/angle of the ZRX bars.  Right now, the
sweep/angle of the stock bars fits the relative lack of range of motion in
my throttle hand and arm; I've had a titanium radius and ulna since I was
18 (to be old and wise, one must first be young and stupid).  Bars which
are flat or horizontal (like on my first mountain bike) become extremely
uncomfortable in a short amount of time.  I fear the ZRX bars are a bit too
much like old-school supersport bars; the stock clipons have a nice angle
(for me) between the bar and the triple clamp.

Still, though, the idea of sitting a bit more upright and relaxed has a lot
of appeal.  Means getting new steel braided lines though, since the current
steel lines are pretty tight.  But the angle's gotta be *just right*.

Drew in VT
(doing a strange Goldilocks impression)