GPZList Digest, Vol 71, Issue 15

Dave King oldfr8dog at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 22 17:43:28 PDT 2012

I actually did hit one once. He was directing traffic coming out of a big college basketball game and stepped directly in front of my car after waving me through the intersection. I was about five feet from him going about 10 mph when he spun around to start waving the cross traffic through and as he was pivoting around he stepped back directly into me. Honestly, I still believe to this day that he hit me more than I hit him. I believe what Randy said is right, traffic cops spend so much time in close proximity to moving vehicles that they lose their sense of what's safe and what's insanely stupid. Happily, in my case the officer wasn't injured. He bounced off my hood then rolled onto the street. He just got up and acted like nothing happened!

Sent from my iPad