All dogs go to Heaven

William K Denton wkdenton at verizon.net
Sat Sep 15 15:24:01 PDT 2012

Well, I put down Casey, my 15 yr old chocolate lab, today.  She was riddled
with cancer, had laryngeal paralysis, and as of this morning, couldn't stand
on her hind legs.  Despite all of that, she still wagged her tail every time
she saw me, even today, and right before the doctor administered the lethal
dose, she licked my face as if to say goodbye.

I was never allowed to have pets growing up, so she was my first dog.  She
was a good dog and I loved her dearly.  I am crying tears of sadness for
myself, but tears of joy for her, because she's not suffering anymore.  Dogs
don't deserve to suffer, especially after all of the love that they share
unconditionally with their families.  I miss her fiercely already.

I know she's in a better place now, because for the first time in years
she's chasing rabbits at full speed again... in Heaven.  For that, and for
15 years of joy having had her as my dear pet, I am grateful.

Goodbye Casey, happy hunting!!

Bill in Yardley, PA