New Ninja 1000?

dominatr37 dominatr37 at optonline.net
Fri Dec 6 10:26:56 PST 2013

<<Maybe we need to rename this list. :>  >>

There are major differences between the two motorcycles. The GPZ is still
smoother than the FJR at almost any speed. But the FJR is more powerful by a
lot. It feels like I'm riding a Saturn V rocket when I gun it. With my bad
back and hips and knees the FJR can be painful for me to ride because of the
width of the tank. In fact to mount it I have to stand on the left side peg
to get my leg over. I put on  a peg lowering kit on the FJR as well as bar
risers. When I'm rolling it is super comfortable. I have the V Stream
windshield on mine so when it's cold its all the way up and blocking
everything . I'm looking through it. When its down I get wind over it,
though it could be an inch shorter and it would be perfect. A Sargents seat
helped out a lot with they comfort as the stock seat is pretty awful. I did
a 670 mile trip to Columbus, Ohio this past summer, and coming back I did
two full tankfuls non stop.  (Meaning one tankful, gassed up got lunch, got
back on did another full tankful and gassed again. The MPG on the FJR is not
spectacular unless you are watching the instant mileage gauge and riding by
that. Usually I get 37-39 under normal riding conditions. On the highway
I've gotten as high as 44. I use mine almost exclusively for traveling. It's
just too much bike for average riding short distance stuff for me,
especially with my back, hip and knee arthritis going on. The seat is very
tall for me my 32" inseam screws me up on a bike with a 32" seat height. I
always have to be very careful where I land the thing. The GPZ is a
lightweight toy comparatively. Of course I'm still riding my YZF600 more
than either of them yet so make of it what you will.

Ralph L. Angelo, Jr.
Author of cool stuff.
http://RLAngeloJr.com