Carb problems

Don French dondiego at evansville.net
Sun May 12 21:07:12 PDT 2013

"One thing I just thought of was the air box has an extra box off it that I removed and plugged off from the air filter box, I hope that didn't do it to me."That piece was for noise reduction and nothing more. Removing it causes no problem and the opening should be left open for better air flow with an after market ex system. (Air is still filtered.)
Pull the carbs, float bowls, pilot jets and get a Factory Pro Kit or go back to stock and shim needles, open idle screws and sync after you have jet sprayed all passages clean.Gas now days will not stay fresh very long unless treated.I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a GPZ and working on it.I'm in Evansville, IN. and would be willing to get your bike up and running if you could haul and leave it with me for a while.Good luck and I hope all works out for you.Don.