dominatr37 dominatr37 at
Fri Oct 18 03:08:27 PDT 2013

Aren't the Concours forks swappable? (original Connie made from mid 80vs until 4 years ago.)

Ralph L Angelo Jr,
Author of cool stuff
Http://RLAngeloJr. Com
Sent from my Samsung tablet

-------- Original message --------
From Kevin Hollis <kh at>
Date: 10/18/2013  6:06 AM  (GMT-05:00)
To Ralph <dominatr37 at>
Subject Forks

I'm a bit of a quiet lurker, in the UK.

My '95 GPz had a slight run in with the rear lights of small van a few
years back (clutch lever bent and fairing smashed but I stayed upright.)

Since then the fork seals have never quite sealed and one of the three
mechanics that have done them suggested the fork may look a tiny bit
bent. No-one else has noticed though.

A few years back there was a thread on possible for replacement forks
from other bikes.

Should I :-

- Keep replacing seals and hope for the best
- Find somewhere that reconditions forks (rolling and polishing ?)
- Replace with a set from a different bike (does that mean new brake
calipers as well ?)

There are precious few of these bikes about in the UK, so I'm not likely
to find a replacement set from a GPz I don't think.

Any idea of costs for these kind of things ? I've nice luggage racks
welded on and a set of stainless pipes so I don't really want to scrap it.

Thoughts ?

You are subscribed at the email address DOMINATR37 at