Charles... Are You Out There?

Charles Scappaticci scapco at ecentral.com
Tue Sep 17 09:31:13 PDT 2013

Hi Art,

The flooding is north of where I live, with some in Boulder and getting
worse as one goes north to Ft. Collins.  Some of you remember riding
through Estes Park going over Trail Ridge road in Rocky Mountain National
Park, most of that town is under water and much of it is gone.  They are
estiimating 19,000 homes destroyed and over 100 bridges damaged or
destroyed.  Big Thompson canyon was hit very hard and it may be two years
before you can drive through there again as massive sections of the road
were washed away. The flood surge is now hitting towns out east as the
water goes through the small towns along the North Platte river and I-70.
It will be sometime before things get back to normal here.  If you think
this was a local storm, the same storm wrecked streets and bridges 580
miles south of here in my home town of Carlsbad, New Mexico.

Speaking of New Mexico, I went riding in Northern New Mexico weekend before
last and had perfect riding weather.  Went to the New Mexico BMW rally at
Sipapu ski area about 1/2 hour south of Taos New Mexico.  Lots of good
Mexican food and good roads to ride on too!

Charles S.