Oil pressure warning light ON...!?!

Steven Northrop blackgpz at rochester.rr.com
Sat Feb 15 08:20:27 PST 2014

I hope it's not the beginning of the dreaded (and well known) #3 conrod
bearing failure. As the bearing fails, the increased clearance between the
connecting rod bearing and the crank pin cause the drop in oil pressure. The
change in the mechanical sound of the engine makes me suspect. When you
change the oil, check for silver metal flakes in it. If found, this is
bearing material and will signify impending bearing failure. Good Luck.

Steve