Cam Chain Tensioners

Charles Scappaticci scapco at ecentral.com
Wed Jul 2 06:54:57 PDT 2014

Gents,

I'm supposed to be leaving for Alaska in two weeks, but it turns out I need
a new cam chain for the GPZ.  It should be in today, but apparently, the
tensioner is no longer available.  I've searched and called all around the
US with no luck.  I have found one in Australia, but it's $200+ and at
least a week to get it here.  So, assuming the tensioner can't be reused
and has to be replaced, who has experience with a manual cam chain
adjuster, how did it work and how often do you need to adjust it?

Thanks!

Charles S.