Oil pressure warning light ON...!?! UPDATE

GPZ1100ABS gpz1100abs at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 03:34:58 PDT 2014

I hate to say this. I really, really hate to say this, but... - It turns
out that I DID forget a piece of paper rag in the top end while doing
the valves... Convinced that it wasn't an electrical fault or a faulty
oil pressure switch but rather an oil pump issue I took it to the
dealer. The paper rag I must have forgotten was placed under the valve
chain and must have been grabbed by the chain while turning the engine
to get the cams in position. Result: Exactly as Ralph described - the
oil pan was filled with the stuff, jamming the oil screen. Long story
short - she's back on the street again, running as smooth as ever, but
boy - it was an expensive mistake...

Thanks for all the advice offered :)

Ped
'96 "Black Stealth" GPZ