Re: 1 cylinder down‏ - final update

gpzeer at gmail.com gpzeer at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 11:38:17 PDT 2014

All is well that ends well.

Dennis
95RED

-----Original Message-----
From: john leonard
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2014 12:27 PM
To: Dennis Peterson
Subject: RE: 1 cylinder down‏ - final update

BACK IN BUSINESS
-Reseated the ignition wires to the plug
ends
-Removed and cleaned all of the carbs (more
thoroughly than the first time)

-Cleaned the air filter

-Changed the oil & filter, gas &
filter, and spark plugs

-Added fresh gas and a few ounces of Sea
Foam and idled it for while

Since then, I've been riding it and
it's back running strong.

During this, I also noticed at the
bottom of the air box there is a  "body-breather" / PVC
that sends unburnt combustion back into the cylinders up 4 separate
tubes within the air box bypassing the air filter.   But that
open-bottomed breather assembly is glued to the bottom of the air box
and the glue no longer held so engine oil ended up on the air filter.
I've been noticing the oil for years and simply replaced the air
filter a couple of times.  This time I cleaned and epoxied the
junction box so oil won't foul the box and filter again.
Thank you all for the comments and suggestions!, john