Brake rotor friction

Erik Weber yoober at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 19:14:41 PDT 2007

Hope you had a good one. I just got back from my first race ever. I
raced it with my homemade belly pan which definitely drew some odd
looks what with fiberglass hair sticking out of it. :) (I primered it
at 3 a.m. the morning of the race; sanding never entered the
equation.) Besides the smell of slowly burning resin though, it held
up fine and never dragged even when my pegs were dragging. I did look
down a couple times to see if it was on fire. :)

There were 11 riders in my class and I finished 7th and then 5th. I
got passed by one in my class I think (not counting the start) and I
passed about four. Not too bad for my first race on no sleep. I did
learn real quick why the start is so important. In the first race I
came off the line like I was at a traffic light and people blew past
me. In the second one, I wheelied coming off the line and realized I
was in the meat of the torque curve on the next few shifts and
actually got into turn 1 in good time. Now I see.

Thanks to everyone on the list for helping me out this year.

Erik