Footpeg bolt failed while riding

Dave C dlc-mica at halibut.com
Sat Aug 25 18:53:54 PDT 2007

On my way home from work yesterday, which consisted of about 20 miles of
rush-hour traffic on 101 and 880 from Sunnyvale to the East Bay, my right footpeg
snapped off.  (Luckily it waited until I was in a store parking lot.)

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/davetoo/1236253462/in/set-72057594134909250/

Honestly I can't remember if I've removed that peg before or not, so I don't know
if I overtorqued it.  As I mention in the captions I often crouch with my butt
hovering above the seat to work on my legs for the track.  I had figured with
all the punishment stock pegs take from fast track riders, they'd be OK.

OK so I'm bigger than the average track rider :)  Somewhere around 260 lbs.  But
I'd figured since my legs were soaking up the road shocks this should have
been OK.

I guess I'd better change the left bolt now too :)