What does this part do?

zoran zv30 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 30 11:54:07 PDT 2007

that part came out in year 00 better known as recall plate.
it was suzuki way of fixing oil starvation at pump after rod bearings
started to go bad because they were using sv400 cases.
99 cases have another plate right next to it.this first 99 cases are direct
from sv400.later they added little to case in casting proces but not
enough.reason for that recall plate.in 03 they made new cases and closed
hole.
without that plate you are risking rod bearing failure due to pistons
pumping oil away from pick up.

Zoran Vujasinovic
Twin Works Factory
775-786-4881